Before sending out your pull requests, make sure you followed this list.
We especially welcome contributions from people from groups underrepresented in free and open source software! 🏳️🌈.Our community aspires to be a respectful place, before proceeding please read and abide by our Code of Conduct.
Steps to follow before opening a pull request.
- Create a new branch for the ticket you are willing to work on, rather than working directly on
- Rebase your work onto the latest version from
masterand resolve any merge conflicts.
- Check that only the relevant files are being changed, there should be no unintended changes to the schema or dependency files. 📄
- If you have added any external libraries through a package manager, ensure that you have updated the proper dependency list (
package.json) and corresponding lock file.
Steps to follow after opening a pull request.
- Check the
travis-cicontinuous integration build once it completes. This usually takes about 10 minutes ⏱, and if any tests fail you can find details in the build log.
- If you don't get reviewer feedback in couple of days ⏱, or you're waiting for followup, ping someone.
Ideally, pull requests should include new tests for any new features, as well, but it is an optional requirement.
We do, to keep our designs consistent, we have created UI kit that contain many of our commonly used styles. http://www.ignitus.org/interface, please use
componentsetc. defined in the design-kit. if you are building a whole new section, try to divide that into atoms, molecules, etc and add them in the design kit and use it from there.